Ir para conteúdo
  • Anúncios

• Majesty

Regras Notícias e Discussões   04/26/17

Regras da seção Notícias e Discussões Tópicos: Essa seção é destinada para tópicos relacionados a discussões sobre Tibia e OTServ; Tópicos com anúncios de servidores são proibidos, por isso devem ser postados na seção Divulgação de Servidores. Tópicos com pedido de ajuda serão fechados, pois existe a seção Suporte - Dúvidas, Bugs, Erros. É permitido postar teasers de OTServ desde que não tenham nenhum link de divulgação. Posts: Posts devem ser relacionados ao assunto do tópico. Os que forem irregulares terão seus autores punidos. Outros tipos de posts proibidos e passíveis de punição são os com intuito de avisar ilegalidade do tópico ou que está sendo denunciado. Para isso, existe a opção Denunciar post.
Entre para seguir isso  
stian

PyOT updates, and looking for people.

Convidado Avuenja   
Convidado Avuenja

Well, I'm testing PyOT right now on my computer.

I will verify its functionality a bit and everything. So you can have something in mind.

Within the AAAC, I'll be seeing this and the tools also going to Python 3. Ok?  :D

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Yamaken    41
Yamaken

Hail stian

Its has been a long time since the last time i talked with you. My english has not improved still i will try to explain a "new" concept that maybe will be useful to pyot.

Has i programmer, i would like to change core behavior without changing core code. Today we can do it with events, buts its not cool. I see events more like a notification than a callback to change behavior. Because there is two type of use for events: I want to modify login behavior( choose if a player can login ) or i want to be notified when a player login. Events that modify behavior should be called first and then if player can login the notification event will be called. 

I would name "hooks" the type of event which modify behavior. Hooks will be called first, if they return true, then the notification event happens.  Its called "hook" because its hooks core behavior and change it. Notification events are just to know that something in the game happen.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Convidado Avuenja   
Convidado Avuenja

r64UKwl.png

Is alive! \o/

Auh0cgy.png

I'm checking here at the moment the error...

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

My mistake, i thinked that 'El diablo' was a player name k

But no, it's just a event name, right?

This system is very usefull, I like it :D

Note quite.

@register('lookAt', 1234) - Itemid

@register('lookAt', "Some string") - Itemname, monstername, playername (you can use thing.isPlayer(), thing.isNPC(), thing.isMonster() or thing.isItem() to truely find out)

@register('lookAt', "30000") - Converted actionids.

You can bind to multiple things by supplying a list:

@register('lookAt', [1234, 1235])

Or a range:

@register("lookAt", range(1234, 1300)) - All itemids in range 1234....1299.

You can even make dynamic events on all online players right now.

@register("lookAt", game.player.allPlayers.keys())

@register("lookAt", "player") - Matches any player

@register("lookAt", "monster") - Matches any monster

@register("lookAt", "npc") - Matches any npc

@register("lookAt", "creature") - Matches any creature

@register("lookAt", "item") - Matches any item

It's:

@register(EVENTNAME[, TRIGGER])

("lookAt" is just used as an example, it can be replaced by any thing event)

There is one slight rule tho, you should never allow a monster, npc or player to be named "creature", "player", "item", "npc". As that'll bug (maybe we should have a check for that when loading monsters, npcs and items?)

Editado por stian

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

Hail stian

Its has been a long time since the last time i talked with you. My english has not improved still i will try to explain a "new" concept that maybe will be useful to pyot.

Has i programmer, i would like to change core behavior without changing core code. Today we can do it with events, buts its not cool. I see events more like a notification than a callback to change behavior. Because there is two type of use for events: I want to modify login behavior( choose if a player can login ) or i want to be notified when a player login. Events that modify behavior should be called first and then if player can login the notification event will be called. 

I would name "hooks" the type of event which modify behavior. Hooks will be called first, if they return true, then the notification event happens.  Its called "hook" because its hooks core behavior and change it. Notification events are just to know that something in the game happen.

This kinda does both, as the return value tends to be honored (or should). No Return value would then be such a notification event. In general the return value should perhaps only be updated if it's "not None". And yes, return value IS optional. It's a good idea to check for False and cancel execution at that stage in scriptsystem.py tho.

You also got @registerFirst(EVENT[, TRIGGER]) which can be used to truly get your core hook in first.

There is no problem modifying core functions tho, you can actually override them. You can override, and do stuff directly into the core if necessary. The war system does that etc.

One example from the war system (this was not put in as a core feature just to provide this example =P):

_oldGetEmblem = game.player.Player.getEmblem
    # New emblem function.
    def getEmblem(self, creature):
        guildId = self.data["guild_id"]
        if guildId:
            if guildId == creature.data["guild_id"]:
                # Same guild.
                return EMBLEM_GREEN
            if guildId in wars:
                if creature.data["guild_id"] in wars[guildId][0]:
                    # We are at war with this guild.
                    return EMBLEM_RED

# We are at war, but not with him.
                return EMBLEM_BLUE

# Call default function.
        return _oldGetEmblem(self, creature)
Editado por stian

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
dalvorsn    46
dalvorsn

Note quite.

@register('lookAt', 1234) - Itemid

@register('lookAt', "Some string") - Itemname, monstername, playername (you can use thing.isPlayer(), thing.isNPC(), thing.isMonster() or thing.isItem() to truely find out)

@register('lookAt', "30000") - Converted actionids.

You can bind to multiple things by supplying a list:

@register('lookAt', [1234, 1235])

Or a range:

@register("lookAt", range(1234, 1300)) - All itemids in range 1234....1299.

You can even make dynamic events on all online players right now.

@register("lookAt", game.player.allPlayers.keys())

@register("lookAt", "player") - Matches any player

@register("lookAt", "monster") - Matches any monster

@register("lookAt", "npc") - Matches any npc

@register("lookAt", "creature") - Matches any creature

@register("lookAt", "item") - Matches any item

It's:

@register(EVENTNAME[, TRIGGER])

("lookAt" is just used as an example, it can be replaced by any thing event)

There is one slight rule tho, you should never allow a monster, npc or player to be named "creature", "player", "item", "npc". As that'll bug (maybe we should have a check for that when loading monsters, npcs and items?)

OMG, It's perfect! :blink:

If you didn't use a string to represent the classes you should not be a bug

instead you use strings, you can use the classes like parameter

Is it possible?

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Yamaken    41
Yamaken

This kinda does both, as the return value tends to be honored (or should). No Return value would then be such a notification event. In general the return value should perhaps only be updated if it's "not None".

You also got @registerFirst(EVENT[, TRIGGER]) which can be used to truly get your core hook in first.

There is no problem modifying core functions tho, you can actually override them. You can override, and do stuff directly into the core if necessary. The war system does that etc.

One example from the war system (this was not put in as a core feature just to provide this example =P):

_oldGetEmblem = game.player.Player.getEmblem
    # New emblem function.
    def getEmblem(self, creature):
        guildId = self.data["guild_id"]
        if guildId:
            if guildId == creature.data["guild_id"]:
                # Same guild.
                return EMBLEM_GREEN
            if guildId in wars:
                if creature.data["guild_id"] in wars[guildId][0]:
                    # We are at war with this guild.
                    return EMBLEM_RED

# We are at war, but not with him.
                return EMBLEM_BLUE

# Call default function.
        return _oldGetEmblem(self, creature)

Still, we need separate hooks from notification events. Actually they are on the same list, and them are called in the same sequence they are added to the list. Its need separation because i want to control behavior first and then do the notification event. Hooks function should have a different function definition, they need a mechanism to let the system know which hook will handle the call. Only one behavior/hook per time.

About overriding, in python you can even override a whole class( like Player ) to put your own player behavior. Very powerful, still a hack. Plugin-like would be better :P

Editado por Yamaken

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

OMG, It's perfect! :blink:

If you didn't use a string to represent the classes you should not be a bug

instead you use strings, you can use the classes like parameter

Is it possible?

It would, but it violates the pythonic way of doing things. If it quacks like an item, and talks like an item, but doesn't subclass an item, it wouldn't be identified as an item. How sad.

We can use bytes to avoid this =P,

@register("lookAt", b"player")

or even a wrapper or our own subclass of str.

@register("lookAt", objType("player")) # Which just subclasses a string, but isnt a string.

and then are called in the same sequence they are added to the list.

Tried telling you we have @registerFirst() which put it first in the list. This would allow you just that, return False here stops the execution (as of my lastest commit :)). This shouldn't be used for any other purpose than just this. We might rename registerFirst to registerHook or something tho if it feels more logical. The underlaying mechanics doesn't have to change.

Editado por stian

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
dalvorsn    46
dalvorsn

It would, but it violates the pythonic way of doing things. If it quacks like an item, and talks like an item, but doesn't subclass an item, it wouldn't be identified as an item. How sad.

We can use bytes to avoid this =P,

@register("lookAt", b"player")

or even a wrapper or our own subclass of str.

@register("lookAt", objType("player")) # Which just subclasses a string, but isnt a string.

Or small number,  i guess that actionids, uniqueids and itemids didn't use numbers smaller that 100

So we can use enums to define the class :D

Example:

players = 1

monster = 2

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Yamaken    41
Yamaken

Tried telling you we have @registerFirst() which put it first in the list. This would allow you just that, return False here stops the execution (as of my lastest commit :)). 

See, it needs a mechanism to know which hook will handle the call because it will use the returning value to control behavior( like true/false to know if something is allowed ). it needs to know from which hook will come the return value. If the first hook will not handle it, then the system will call the next, if the next handle it, then it will return the return value from this hook. Inside the hook the programmer can define the conditions to handle it and then choose which will be the return value. Like i said, only one hook can handle/modify the behavior. Its more powerful and clean.

Editado por Yamaken

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

Or small number,  i guess that actionids, uniqueids and itemids didn't use numbers smaller that 100

So we can use enums to define the class :D

Example:

players = 1

monster = 2

Ye, that could work.

See, it needs a mechanism to know which hook will handle the call because it will use the returning value to control behavior( like true/false to know if something is allowed ). it needs to know from which hook will come the return value. If the first hook will not handle it, then the system will call the next, if the next handle it, then it will return the return value from this hook. Inside the hook the programmer can define the conditions to handle it and then choose which will be the return value. Like i said, only one hook can handle/modify the behavior. Its more powerful and clean.

Feel free to start a branch for this :)

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Yamaken    41
Yamaken

Feel free to start a branch for this :)

Yes, i will do it. Do you think this concept is good?

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

The idea is good, but it needs to have some real uses. Ideally, start with a real problem (a script which you need this hooking), and start implementing what you need for this to work.

The worst hooking systems I know try to solve all kinds of issues in various projects, which makes alot more problems,  phpbb3's hooking system is one example, most script still had to rely on various modifications.

And however you want to solve this, never ever build a system which does eval() everywhere you feel like patching in some code, it's a debug nightmare. With insanely poor performance in any language. This is far too common in the PHP world.

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Loser.    1
Loser.

I would like to help in project, but I'm benniger programmer(Python). If possible, I would help in scripts...

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Nully    1
Nully
It's good to hear news about PyOT, i really like how it is coded in python and the powerful scripting ability. I was already enjoyed with PyOT some time ago and it still need a lot of improvement, besides i don't like how the TFS is coded him is pretty stable and for a working server is better than PyOT. I'm already making my server but i could help in development of the PyOT in future, i don't have much skill in Python but it's a good thing to learn.

Then i'm looking forward for this, hopefully someday see PyOT stable sufficient for a working server :D

Edit: It's good if we could make a complete server with PyOT for download and run, could be a good thing for fix bugs and core improvements, what you think about that?

Editado por Nully

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Lordfire    110
Lordfire

Great to see you here, Stian :D

It's nice to read that it was updated to Python 3 and I'm looking forward to contribute.

Although I don't use BitBucket that much, I prefer it over GitHub and mercurial over git too. I'm https://bitbucket.org/ranisalt

Thanks!

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
stian    7
stian

Edit: It's good if we could make a complete server with PyOT for download and run, could be a good thing for fix bugs and core improvements, what you think about that?

It would certainly be helpful, especially since scripts can be a bit more realistic than what some of them are now.

Then i'm looking forward for this, hopefully someday see PyOT stable sufficient for a working server  :D

The major delay is rather that we trie to do everything before making half of it work. Etc, multi lingual, multi platform, async sql, with a heck of a lot of twisted ideas. Like extserver, webserver (this actually worked in the python2, haven't been ported to python3 yet tho), and the web-client.

Although I don't use BitBucket that much, I prefer it over GitHub and mercurial over git too. I'm https://bitbucket.org/ranisalt

Added :)

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Nully    1
Nully

Stian, can you tell what PyOT have, what you plan to implement and what you want which PyOT to be?

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Yamaken    41
Yamaken

Supporting more clients should not be the focus now. Async programming is not so easy.. a new architecture is needed. Refactoring model( sql ) stuff on a class would be good...

Editado por Yamaken

Compartilhar este post

Link para o post
Entre para seguir isso  
  • Quem Está Navegando   0 membros estão online

Nenhum usuário registrado visualizando esta página.